- Problems metabolizing fluids (swelling, inflammation)
- Painful joints, aching legs, or headaches.
- Craves sugar
- Carries excess weight
- Obesity, heart disease, and diabetes are common
- Sinus and lung congestion, asthma, allergies
- Chronic yeast infections
- Metabolic disorders
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)
This type is called “phlegm damp” in TCM, where the body produces excess fluids and mucus. Stagnant fluids lead to poor transitions, including the many tricky hormone shifts involved in the menstrual cycle, conception,and implantation. This type might have excessive vaginal discharge or cervical inflammation, and my be prone to reproductive system obstructions.
- Limit dairy
- Avoid alcohol, sweets, and greasy foods
- Avoid soy, especially if you have endometriosis or fibroids
- Keep your environment mold-free